Our best effort will be made to book you within 2 business days at a mutual convenience.
Call 1-855-PHYSIO9 (749-7469) or Book online
No, a doctor’s referral is not required to book an appointment with any of our health practitioners. However some insurance companies may require a doctor’s referral in order to receive reimbursement for the services.
Yes you may choose your own therapy clinic.
- When you see a physiotherapist, he or she will complete an extensive assessment that may include your health history, evaluation of pain and movement patterns, strength, joint range of motion, reflexes, sensation and cardiorespiratory status.
- In addition physiotherapists may examine relevant x-rays, laboratory tests, medical records and surgical notes to better tailor your treatment.
- Wear shorts, tank tops, comfortable cloths and footwear
- You may also meet and work with a certified Kinesiologist
- When you see a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), you will complete a medical case history form and discuss your treatment goals and reasons for seeking care. An individualized treatment plan will be developed between you and your therapist based on your needs. Your RMT will discuss treatment techniques that will be used. The treatment can be changed any time you wish and will be reassessed at an appropriate, agreed upon time. The length of your treatment can be discussed with the massage therapist and can range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. So book your assesment today and put yourself at ease! Your muscles will thank-you!!
- Initial assessment length 45min - 1 hr
- Subsequent sessions range from 30-45min
Our services are not covered by OHIP. There are several methods of payment:
- Extended Health Insurance Plans
- Motor Vehicle Insurance Plans
- Disability Insurance
- Personal Payment – an income tax deductible receipt is provided
Yes. In order to practice in Canada, physiotherapists, chiropractors, and massage therapists must be registered with their respected colleges. We only employ registered professionals at Southmount/Halton Physiotherapy Centre.
During the initial assessment you will be asked if you want this information shared with your doctor. With your written consent we will send over an initial assessment letter and provide your doctor with regular progress notes.
After the physiotherapist completes a detailed assessment, and your condition is diagnosed, your therapist will work with you to formulate a personalized treatment program based on your goals. Therefore the frequency and duration of your treatment will depend on the outcome of the initial assessment and will be discussed with you at that time.